Friday, November 20 marks Carol Tracy’s 25th anniversary as Executive Director of the Women’s Law Project. We’re celebrating all week by posting 25 reasons to be grateful for Carol and the Women’s Law Project, and inviting you to celebrate with us by supporting this important work. Contributing to the Women’s Law Project is an investment in equality, and a better future for women and girls.
Today’s 5 Reasons to Give $25
- November 20 marks the 25th anniversary of Carol Tracy’s tenure as Executive Director of the Women’s Law Project. That’s 25 glorious years of swimming with sharks to improve the lives of women and girls.
2. Founded in 1974, the Women’s Law Project is the ONLY public interest legal center devoted to women’s rights in Pennsylvania.
3. We are a state-based organization with significant national influence. When the Women’s Law Project discovered the FBI had been using the same outdated, narrow definition of “rape” since 1929, we led the campaign to update the definition of rape. The revised definition went into effect January 1, 2013.
4. We fight every day for equal access to reproductive health services, because we believe equality begins with reproductive freedom and that Constitutional rights should not be reserved for the rich. After anti-choice conservatives in the Pennsylvania Legislature passed a law designed to force abortion clinics to close, we kept freestanding abortion clinics open.
5. We are leading the fight to protect abortion clinic patients and staff from protester harassment in Pennsylvania.
Need more reasons to support the Women’s Law Project?
Please click here to contribute $25, or another amount. Donate in honor of Carol, or a loved one. You can also celebrate with us in person at our party on December 4.