Yesterday, the Women’s Law Project’s Executive Director, Carol Tracy, participated in a rally in Harrisburg to oppose budget cuts proposed by the state senate that would eliminate funding for services vital to women and families. The rally was sponsored by the Pennsylvania Commission for Women.
The cuts would greatly reduce or eliminate funding for the following areas:
– Child care services
– Child care assistance
– Breast and cervical cancer screening
– Public library subsidy — 44 percent cut from the Governor’s budget proposal
– Accessible housing — 50 percent cut
– Teen pregnancy and parenthood education — 100 percent cut
– Pennsylvania Commission for Women — 100 percent cut
– Governor’s Office of Health Care Reform — 100 percent cut
These cuts are a huge blow to services used by women and families in Pennsylvania. If you oppose them as well, be sure to contact your senator today.